8 of the strangest places we have camped whilst cycling through central Turkey. #7 was by far our favourite!
Cycling through central Turkey has been tough as it’s very hilly. But the people we’ve met have been incredibly friendly and the hospitality has been amazing. So much so that we’ve managed to pitch our tent in some rather beautiful and unusual places!
1. On the banks of a reservoir
2. Behind trees just below a highway
3. On a tiny patch of grass at a gas station
4. Behind some reeds right beside a highway
5. In the bushes behind a 5* hotel
6. At a play area in a gas station
7. In an Audi car showroom
8. Right outside the toilets at a 24-hour motorway services
If you’ve enjoyed reading this blog post, please donate to World Bicycle Relief. Every penny goes to the great work the charity does in Africa – not to fund our expedition in any way.